Are you looking for a great career?
Our growing company is currently seeking a motivated, mechanically inclined individual to join our team.
Pacific Flow Control is a specialty company working in the civil, mechanical, and industrial utility sectors. We are recognized as an industry leader, proudly serving Western Canada for over 40 years. Our company offers competitive wages, union benefits and In-house industry training. Please visit our website www.pacificflowcontrol.ca for a full overview of our products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the senior technicians and train in our Langley office to perform hot tapping, line stopping, valve insertion, nitrogen line freezing and hydrant maintenance on your own.
- Complete required measurements, calculations and safety documentation on our digital platform.
- Set up truck with the required tools, supplies and equipment.
- Tear down, repair/maintenance, and rebuild hot tapping machines, tools and specialty equipment.
- Shop maintenance and cleanup
- Receive and examine shipments, record shortages and any irregularities or discrepancies
- Unload, unpack, verify and receive items against purchase orders
- Stocking items on shelving
- Document all hot tapping services activity as required on our digital platform
- Properly use, care for and maintain company tools, equipment, and company vehicles.
- Communicate with customers and all parties professionally at the work site and in the shop for the purpose of maintaining our reputation.
- Perform other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Follow company policies, procedures and required training.
- Ability to multitask and assist wherever needed on a daily basis
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Technical school or related training preferred.
- Clean Driver’s License (abstract will be requested)
- Mechanical experience preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Daily travel to job sites throughout Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Will be asked to travel occasionally throughout BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone
- Able to work 12+ hour days on occasion
- Capable of driving large service trucks with trailers (5500 series service trucks)
- Must be willing to work flexible hours with minimal notice. Some nights/weekends. Usual work week M-F 8:00 to 4:00
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in municipal, commercial and industrial settings.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with potential high noise levels, confined space, from heights and in excavations.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by WorkSafe BC for personal protection, including being clean shaven for use of respirator.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow procedural instructions both oral and written. Ability to multitask and focus efficiently.
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within commercial and industrial settings to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells as well as confined spaces through small access hatches.
What We Offer
- Union Wages and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications
- In-House and external training and advancement opportunities
- Employment stability – no employee turnover since 2015
- Engaged leadership that is focused on continuous improvement and growth
- Positive work life balance
If you think you would be a good fit, please send your resume to email@example.com or fill out our form below and we'll contact you!
We Are Members:
Contact Us Today
Specializing in hot tapping, line freezing, line stopping, valve insertion and more.