Line & Pipe Freezing
What is Line Freezing?
Line Freezing, or Pipe Freezing is a controlled method that allows you to isolate a piping system using liquid nitrogen, which freezes fluid running through the live pipe to create a temporary ice plug.
Our technology allows us to freeze piping systems of various compositions including smaller 3/4" pipes to 12" pipes that contain an endless list of liquid products.
Once frozen, we have the capability to hold back extreme pressure so you can safely complete the required work. Once your work is completed, there is a minimal number of redundant fittings left on the system.
Line Freezing is most commonly used for:
- Line relocation
- Replacement of defective valves
- Dead ending (abandoning) lines
- Temporary bypass
- Installation of process equipment
- Material testing
- Leak repairs
Locations We Serve
Pacific Flow Control Ltd is a leading pipe freezing company that provides reliable and efficient pipe freezing services to customers throughout British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Our team of experienced professionals uses the latest tools and techniques to safely and efficiently freeze pipes, allowing for repairs or modifications to be made without shutting down your entire system.
Address: 19696 Telegraph Trail Unit # 10, Langley Twp, BC V1M 3E5
Before Pipe Freezing
Advantages / Cost Savings
- More economical then mechanical line stops on small diameter piping
- Time savings with no need for personnel to shut down system, drain down, bulk transfers, storage, and refilling
- Little to no loss of fluid/product
- Compact design allows us to get into tight areas where traditional line stopping equipment cannot fit or is only able to fit by dismantling surrounding structures
- Ability to plug lines that are out of round or have excessive build-up in the system