Line & Pipe Freezing
What is Line Freezing?
Line Freezing, or Pipe Freezing is a controlled method that allows you to isolate a piping system by creating a temporary ice plug by using liquid nitrogen to freeze the fluids running through the live pipe.
Our technology allows us to freeze piping systems of various compositions including smaller 3/4″ pipes to 12″ pipes that contain an endless list of liquid products.
Once frozen, we have the capability to hold back extreme pressure so you can safely complete the required work. Once your work is completed, there is a minimal number of redundant fittings left on the system.
Isolated Without Intrusion
- Line relocation
- Replacement of defective valves
- Dead ending (abandoning) lines
- Temporary bypass
- Installation of process equipment
- Material testing
- Leak repairs
Before Pipe Freezing
ADVANTAGES / COST SAVINGS
- Time savings with no need for personnel to shut down system, drain down, bulk transfers, storage, and refilling.
- Little to know loss of fluid/product
- compact design allows to get into tight areas where traditional line stopping equipment cannot fit or only able to fit by dismantling surrounding structures.
- Ability to plug lines that are out of round or have excessive build-up in the system.
- More economical then mechanical line stops on small diameter piping.